Meeting Minutes, June 2015

Reading Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 30, 2015
In attendance: Libbet Downs, Peter Seman, Vanessa Maxham, Bill Bakker, Tony Pikrameos, Milde Waterfall
Minutes submitted by Milde Waterfall, Secretary

Called to order at 6:15pm
Minutes approved for May meeting.
No changes to Agenda
Secretary’s Report: No major items.
Treasurer’s Report: We completed the year with .09cents unspent. Bravo
Librarian’s Report: Review of expenses on Exterior Work. Discussion of Book Sale Requests for Old Home Days. Many surprised and dismayed that there will be no sale. Discussed possibility of talking with Historical Society on use of Universal Church building to build up supplies for next year. This year’s loss will be five hundred dollars. Received more donations in Mary Singleton’s memory. Peter and John Philbin have fixed the desktop issues for the time being. Tony will be out on July 14th and July 16th. A volunteer will cover library. Collaboration for a movie with the sixth graders was a success and very well attended. Tony has added one regular summer volunteer.
Unfinished Business: Maintenance issues. T is missing from the front of the library. Libbet will check tomorrow with workmen. We will request that Mike Barr put the Library Hours sign up as soon as possible. He can also complete the shelf and the railing inside the building. Alan Dutton can begin the sidewalk work as soon as the other exterior work is complete. Milde is continuing the gardens in front and the baskets for Old Home Days. The website is up and running. We discussed at length the information Tony and Bill provided on automation and agree that the next step in due diligence is for Tony and Bill to attend a Catamount meeting and report back to the Board.
New Business: Our CD is up for renewal and Peter is taking measures to secure it. Vanessa and Tony have put together a wonderful parade entry with the Wild West theme. Kids riding stick horses and pulling a replica of a Conestoga wagon and throwing out stars labeled “Library Deputy”. Summer programs have taken a back seat to all the other activities involving maintenance and automation. We will discuss further in July. Likely we will host movies.
Summary of Decisions: Libbet will check on the missing “T”. Bill will arrange his and Tony’s attendance at a Catamount meeting. Peter will check on the CD possibilities and in addition he will send an email aligning our concerns about automation and our choices. Tony will call a small library, which is a member of Catamount for their response and will attend the meeting with Bill. Milde has finished the herb garden and is preparing the hanging baskets with the help of Sharon Harkins. Once the exterior work is done more planting by the walkway will be completed.
Items for next month’s agenda: Automation, Continuing projects.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm