Reading Public Library Board Meeting Minutes
Date: October 23, 2018
Meeting commenced: 6:30 after signing fundraising letters.
Present: Vanessa Maxham, Heather Evans, Bill Bakker, Janet Malcolm, Tony Pikramenos
Minutes from last meeting: Motion to approve by Vanessa, second by Heather
Secretary’s report: The appeal letters are signed and will be dropped off tomorrow at Quality Mailing House in Claremont. Janet spoke with Dale and they are all set to receive letters.
Treasurer’s report: Provided the board with updated monthly numbers for the budget.
- Make a Plate was a great success with lots of attendance!
- Becca White will come to library November 8th at 6 pm for a solar and home energy savings program with Q and A.
- 31 RES student’s pumpkin carving with Lisa Kaija.
- Waiting on Irving to come to check fireplace.
- Maintenance- Mike Barr is retiring after years of snow removal service for the library. David Carbee has given a quote the same price as Mike Barr. Vanessa motioned to hire David Carbee for snow removal, Heather second. Unanimous vote yes by board.
- Thank you notes to be sent to Jean Goldsborough for donating printer and scanner and Mike Barr for years of snow removal.
- Thursday Oct. 25, Tony will be away all day for annual Catamount conference. Library will be closed and Tony will be reimbursed for mileage and time.
New Business: no new business
Summary of decisions:
- Tony will contact David Carbee for snow removal
- Janet will drop appeal letters to be mailed to Quality Mailing House tomorrow.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:10
Date of next meeting: November 27, 2018.