Reading Public Library
Board Meeting Minutes
September 27, 2022
1. Call to order 6:05/ Attendance: Tony Pikramenos, Vanessa Maxham, Bill Baker, Libbet Downs, Janet Malcolm
2. Minutes approved from last meeting: Bill motions, Libbet seconds, all in favor, approved
3. No changes to current agenda
4. Secretary’s Report: No new report
5. Treasurer’s Report: budget is on track
6. Librarian’s report: New setup for Libby and online catalogue. Tony is working on a cheat sheet to explain process since it’s not as user friendly.
Two movies showings in collaboration with the rec went terrific!
Pumpkin carving planning with Mrs. Kaija is in the works . Make a plate will
hopefully be in October. Also working on having game night at the library in
collaboration with the rec.
7. Unfinished Business: Maintenance: Tony found a lead on someone to build the backer board for EC fiber to be installed. Bill Springer has been mowing for the library and doing awesome job! New dehumidifier set up in children’s room. Weatherization of building is scheduled to start at the end of October. Those who volunteer to help will be eligible to have weatherization done at their home for the largely reduced cost. The
library should save up to 100 gallons annually.
8. New Business: Janet will contact twin state about sidewalk repair.
9. Summary of Decisions: continue to inquire about sidewalk repair
10. Items for Next Month: Maintenance
11. Adjourn: 6:41
Respectfully submitted by Janet Malcolm