Meeting Minutes, Approved
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 25th, 2014
In attendance: Libbet Downs, Peter Seman, Vanessa Maxham, Tony Pikramenos
Minutes submitted by: Vanessa Maxham
Meeting called to order 6:05pm.
Minutes approved from last meeting
Paul Brosseau from the Vermont Offender Work Program came and spoke with the board in regards to the work to be performed on the building. The board gave the go-ahead for the floors, countertops and windowsills to be refinished. The exterior of the work to be done includes replacing the bulkhead door and minor wood trim repairs. The work is scheduled to begin Monday, December 1st and will last until approximately December 15th. The library will be closed during that time. Wednesday, November 26th will be a prep day for the crew: moving furniture and covering bookshelves.
- Board was given a clear report on status of fiscal year 2014, thanks to Pete.
- Board agreed to propose for a level fund budget.
- The library has received $1,005 in donations to date, resulting from the annual appeal.
- Halloween at the library was successful.
- Make-A-Plate was a success.
- Library cleaning person was hired at 3 hours per month.
- Many clubs utilizing the library-all going well.
- Library Minimum Standards started.
- Mike Barr finished almost all projects, save one, which will be done in the spring.
- Library plans on holding a Christmas/Holiday movie evening next December (2015)!
- Conversation regarding a fifth trustee-tabled until next month.
- Conversation regarding interior library work
LIBRARY CLOSED APPROX. DECEMBER 1-15
During the library closure, Tony will continue to do administrative work (will keep track of hours)
- Discussion regarding expanding library volunteer base:
Write up in Front Porch Forum
“ “ Informer
Have a table placard for visual reminder
Continue school/library connection
Summary of Decisions:
- Library Interior and Exterior work to begin November 26th, 2014
- Level funding proposed for budget
- Fifth Trustee tabled
- Volunteer conversation at length
Meeting adjourned 7:40pm
Next meeting: December 30th 6pm.