Board of Trustees Meeting
December 30, 2014
In Attendance: Libbet Downs, Peter Seman, Vanessa Maxham, Tony Pikramenos, Milde Waterfall.
Minutes submitted by Milde Waterfall
Meeting call to order at 6:05 pm.
Minutes approved from last meeting.
Secretary’s Report :
- Thank you notes for Caroling evening complete. Thank you notes up to date on Appeal Letter.
- Will be complete for January meeting.
- Caroling evening successful. Nearly 30 participated. Good community response
- Lunch book discussion completes fall series and begins new read in February.
- Heather Evans has begun the three hours a month of cleaning in the Library.
- Freedom & Unity: The Vermont Movie has been given to us. The Board voted and approved plans for viewing the six part series. Showing dates to begin February 10th. Vermont Humanities Council Project. Details to follow. Each episode is 80 minutes and focuses on aspects of life in Vermont.
- Milde will follow up with Social Studies teachers at Woodstock High School for potential credit for students who attend.
- Purchased videos from Video Stop closing.
- Maintenance – Tony will meet with Paul to finalize contract dates and requirements for work on building. Total for completed work available for January meeting.
- Libbet and Tony will follow up on damages done during interior work in 2014.
- Jean Goldsborough helped with computer take down and set up during renovation work.
- Exterior work on columns was discussed.
- Board will discuss fifth Trustee nominations at next meeting in preparation for Town Meeting.
- Tony has been discussing projects with Reading Elementary with the Principal and staff. Strong participation in the Dorothy Canfield Fisher and Red Clover Books initiation. Plans for Tony to read at the school and for students to come to the library for an after school program are in the planning stages.
- Up-dating the website involved lengthy discussion and questions regarding website. The Board approved hiring a professional to create up-to-date website and train Tony on care and maintenance. Milde proposed the initiative. Vanessa seconded. Unanimous consent.
Summary of Decisions:
- Follow up on renovation issues will be pursued by Tony and Libbet.
- Fifth Trustee discussion at next Meeting in preparation for Town Meeting.
- We will present the Vermont Movie for our area.
- Partnership with Reading Elementary is evolving.
- Professional work on website has been approved and will proceed immediately.
- Agenda items selected for January meeting include presentation on foodways in the area mid-twentieth century.
Adjourned at 7:30 pm.