Board of Trustees Meeting
March 31, 2015
In attendance: Libbet Downs, Peter Seman, Vanessa Maxham, Bill Bakker, Tony Pikramenos, Milde Waterfall
Minutes submitted by Milde Waterfall, Secretary
Meeting called to order at 6:05pm
Minutes from 2/24/15 were approved.
Secretary’s Report: Our project with Jane Soule on foodways in the region in the 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s will be scheduled on a Sunday afternoon in May. TBA
Treasurer’s Report: Nothing unusual to report. We need to start thinking about the end of the fiscal year and expenditures.
- The Vermont Movie continues to enjoy good attendance.
- Both book clubs continue. One group is now reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed and the other continues with Proust’s Remembrance of Things Past.
- Website continues to move to completion.
- We will post new entries to Books Have Legs.
- One hundred and five new DVD’s are available to check out. Come sample!
- Tony submitted his vacation dates and the Board members and a volunteer would partially cover the times to keep the Library open.
April 11: Open 10 am to 1pm
April 14 – Open Noon to 2pm
April 16 – Open Noon to 2pm
April 18 – TBA
April 21 – Noon to 2pm
April 23 – 10 am to noon
- Exterior work will begin in May. Pillar Repair must be completed by May 1st. Tony will ask Garrett Mulder if he is interested; if not we have two other interested parties.
- Read-A-Thon. Libbet indicated that the program will be from April 8 to April 22. Tony can read to student on April 9th. Libbet will connect Tony with Sherry Smith to plan a program. Milde volunteered to read on April 14th as well.
- Community Service (6th graders) No further detail. Tony will continue to work with Patty Collins.
- General discussion on how to proceed with Automation. A task force was formed to examine three potential strategies regarding automation. The goal of the task force is to do a benefit analysis. Tony will research and prepare the benefits of automation for our patrons. In April we will explore all the possibilities and necessities and make a decision.
Summary of Decisions:
- Milde, Vanessa, and Bill will research automation and create flow charts for options.
- Libbet will pursue necessary connections for the Read A Thon
- Tony will contact Garrett about the pillar work, provide a rationale for automation, and prepare a sample list of the new DVD’s available for publication in the
Meeting Adjourned at 7:30pm