Board of Trustees Meeting
February 24, 2015
In attendance: Libbet Downs, Peter Seman, Vanessa Maxham, Tony Pikramenos, Milde Waterfall
Minutes submitted by Milde Waterfall, Secretary
Meeting called to order at 6:05pm
Minutes approved from last meeting.
Secretary’s Report: No new news.
Treasurer’s Report: Budget status is the same noting a rise in heating costs.
- Vermont Movie first two installments have been well attended.
- Both book clubs continue to meet. I Am Malala and Remembrance of Things Past are the two choices.
- Several community groups now use the Library for meetings.
- Hazel King is working with Libbet to explore the idea of local authors selling their books at the Library.
- All bills for the interior and floor of the Library are in and within prior estimates.
- The exterior mat by the front door and a map near the computer have been purchased to prevent damage to the floor.
- Website continues to move toward completion
- Tony is talking with a local photographer regarding the purchase of a camera for the Library.
- Read A Thon in April and Library will participate.
- Menus program with Jane Soule tentatively on hold but planned for March.
- Town Meeting participation discussed. Three trustees will be voted in.
- Tony is working with Patty Collins on the 6th grade program
- Tony presented dates needing coverage during his vacation in April.
Summary of Decisions:
- Libbet will continue to work with Hazel King on the authors project.
- Milde will continue to work with Jane Soule on the Menus and Memories program for March.
- Tony will pursue purchase of camera
- Libbet and Tony will continue to work on the Read A Thon
Meeting Adjourned at 6:40pm