Reading Public Library
Board Meeting Minutes
November 29, 2022
1. Call to order 6:11/ Attendance: Vanessa Maxham, Bill Baker, Janet Malcolm, Libbet Downs, Heather Evans, Tony Pikramenos
2. Minutes approved from last meeting: Janet motions, Bill seconds, all in favor, approved
3. No changes to current agenda
4. Secretary’s Report: No new report
5. Treasurer’s Report: budget is on track.
6. Librarian’s report: Tony and Gerry met to talk about a local podcast they are brainstorming. Amy Harkins has been coordinating a meditation and sound healing group led by Cassie on Monday nights at the library. The rec will continue to host game nights at the library on the first Friday of each month at 6:30 pm. Pumpkin carving was a success! The tree lighting co-sponsored with the rec will take place on December 4 at 6:30 pm. Library will provide snacks and the Rec will provide lights, coco and coordinate
a visit from Santa. Considering the increased cost of living we have decided to put the appeal letter on hold to best serve our patrons at this time.
7. Unfinished Business: Maintenance: Thank you to Bill who was at the weatherization day along with several others! Still looking for sidewalk repair help. Tony has two possible leads- Janet will call them. Tony also found Nate Titus and Colby Titus to repair the soffit. Tony noticed wires exposed on the well and made some plumbing calls inquiring what next steps should be.
8. New Business: none
9. Summary of Decisions: Janet to call sidewalk contacts
10. Items for Next Month: Maintenance
11. Adjourn: 6:49
Respectfully submitted by Janet Malcolm